THIS PROJECT IS NOW CLOSED.
WATCH THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES ON NUTRITION SEMINARS!!
- Download the provided pattern for booties (or use your own pattern!)
- Select brightly colored yarn for the project (all yarn weights are indicated on pattern).
- Start knitting!!
- When finished, email Roanna for mailing instructions and address.
- Check in with our website to see pictures of your booties when they arrive!
- Stay tuned in February to hear the story of how your booties finally find their baby
The Baby Booties Pattern is a free knitting pattern from the book Knitty Gritty: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide, by Anita Patel.
This pattern is a simple garter stitch—all knitting, no purling! There are decrease rows and one seam to sew. Roanna finished one pair in 4 hours (keep in mind she was also chasing after her 2 yr & 3 yr old children at the same time!)
The Golden Slippers Baby Booties pattern is a free crochet pattern from About.com Contributing Writer, Erica Jackofsky.
It is a simple pattern that can be made with or without the strap. Roanna’s crocheting friends tell her this is a wonderful beginner level pattern.
Aim for a bootie size that will fit a 6 month old baby.